Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Paper Players #57... A Sketch Challenge ...

Hi Everyone!

This week at the Paper Players, Nance has a sketch challenge for us. Can I just say that I LOVE this sketch! I can see myself using this one again.


Here's my card -


Tip: I wasn't very happy with the way you could see the bottom of the stamped image through the seam binding. To fix this, I placed two layers of ribbon on top of each other before adding the double bow. Now you can't see anything through the ribbon :) 

We hope that you will join the The Paper Players this week! Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations! Sadly, this is Tui's last week of being July's Guest Designer. I'm so happy I got the opportunity to get to know you a bit better Tui!


The Paper Players Design Team
 
As always, I love reading your comments and if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask!
 
 







(I'll be back later with a supply list)

12 lovely comments:

Lauri said...

Sandra I agree this is a great sketch!! Beautiful card...love the sparkles on the image and that ribbon is gorgeous! I really like the effect of two ribbons!! So glad I have had a chance to meet you this summer!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous creation Sandra--I'm so happy you like my sketch! :-) You've chosen a lovely color combination and the triple matting is gorgeous. Love the texture, love the sparkle and LOVE the ribbon tip! Lovely card, my friend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Sandra, I just love all the pretty shimmer and sparkle on your card! Great tip about adding that extra layer of seam binding, too. I've used a strip of card stock before and it seemed to take away from the softness of the ribbon. Your double bow is fabulous, too! Very pretty! :)

Patrice said...

I agree this is a great sketch! Love what you have done with it. Very pretty colour choices too and thanks for your tip to double up the seam binding layer - clever.

Gorgeous card from you as always!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sandra! I LOVE the rich colors, while the texture adds a warmth! Beautiful!

LeAnne said...

This is just soooo pretty! Love that shimmer and I know what you mean about things showing through the seam binding, so I like your idea! TFS!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Soooooooo excited that seam binding is in the new catty!!!! yayayaya! This is so sweet Sandra! Love it! Hugs xxaxx PS I so wish I had time to do some challenges ... one day ... someday! :)

Tui Nathan said...

Oh Sandra ... what a beauty your card is, such pretty colours and I love the shimmer - you have captured it beautifully in the photograph, and then the addition of the seam binding ribbon is the perfect embellishment to add that soft feminine touch!!! Well done
Thank you too for your support and warmth during my time with the Paper Players, I will continue to keep in touch and look forward to your beautiful creations!!!

jjcreations said...

What a beautiful card, Sandra! Wonderful way of solving the seam binding "problem". I'll keep that in mind - I usually just decide to put the binding in another place.
I also love the way you've arranged this sentiment in the curve.....and the fabric button is a perfect touch - it blends well with your background.

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Sandra, Thank you so much for commenting on my card entry. It is a great sketch and I love how you coloured that gorgeous stamp and made the whole thing so soft and shimmery. Those colours are so pretty together!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Sandra. Love that image... the colors are so pretty and the sparkle looks great!

Lesley said...

So beautiful, love the sparkle. How did I miss commenting last week! I am sorry my friend!
Hugs.
Lesley