Monday, July 11, 2011

The Paper Players #55 Colour Challenge


Hi Everyone!

This week at the Paper Players, Lesley has a fantastic colour challenge for you.



As soon as I seen this weeks colours, I just knew I had to do a masculine card. My all time favourite stamp for male cards has to be Motorcycle. 



I stamped the motorcycle with Black StazOn onto watercolour paper, then coloured it in using ink pads and blender pen. You can't really see it in the photo, but I also spritzed the Poppy Parade card stock with my new colour spritzer and  Crumb Cake marker to "grunge" it up a bit. The design was based on last weeks Stamping 411 sketch challenge. I loved the sketch but didn't get a chance to play.

We hope that you will join the The Paper Players this week! Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!


The Paper Players Design Team

As always, I love reading your comments and if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask!









Supplies-
Stamp set - Motorcycle
Ink - Black StazOn, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Basic Black
Card stock - Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Watercolour paper
Other - Linen Thread, Big Shot, Tasteful Trim die, snail, Crystal Effects


 

10 lovely comments:

Ann Schach said...

I LOVE the texture and the way you used the challenge colors! A perfect masculine card!

Paula Dobson said...

Thats a great male card Sandra. A hard colour combo, but you pulled it off brilliantly ♥

Lesley said...

Hi Sandra,
Love what you did with the colours this week, the motorcycle is one of my favs too.
Hugs,
Lesley

LeAnne said...

Awesome masculine card---love it!

Nance Leedy said...

Fantastic guy card Sandra! Love the Poppy flames on the bike and you're right the sketch is a keeper! The linen thread is the perfect accent for the scallops! LOVE it!

Patrice said...

Excellent card my friend. Love that bright lattice poppy background and the little flash of red on Motorbike.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Sandra I love the motorcycle stamp, especially for a guy (however I have done it in pink for a gal pal of mine} and it always looks great in any color. Love your coloring and touch of twine is perfect.
PS: THANKS for picking me on last challenge. I've been so busy with my visiting 3 grandkids, I JUST noticed I won!! I was sooooooooo excited! It just made my day! Hugs.

Tui Nathan said...

Great card Sandra ... I love the poppy flames on the image... and I especially love the textured background it really makes the focal image pop!!! Love it ...

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Funny ... we are a motorbike family (dirt bikes) ... but I have to be honest ... this stamp didn't really grab me! But ... you have done such a gorgeous job with it ... you might have just convinced me??? Hugs xxaxx

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is such a great masculine card, Sandra! Love the textured background and the twine accent. GReat layout, too. Big hugs! :)