Saturday, February 12, 2011

Play Date Cafe #68 and jac-inks #1


The Play Date Cafe have a beautiful challenge for us this week. Just take a look at this gorgeous inspiration photo-



I thought a baby girl card might work beautifully with this challenge.


Here's what I came up with -


I stamped the rabbit twice on crumb cake and once on blushing bride card stock. Then I cut out the face and arms from the 2nd crumb cake image. After sponging it with crumb cake ink, I paper pierced it on top of the 1st image. I then did the same with the ears, feet and bow from the pink card stock. This gives it dimension and really looks great in real life. It was fiddly and took a bit longer than I expected, but I think the results were worth it. I have to say that I really love how this turned out. I was after that soft, shabby chic look and I think I achieved it.


Edited to add - I thought I'd add another close up photo of the bunny to try and show you the dimension I was talking about. I hope you can see it a bit better from this angle :)




I'm also entering this into the jac-inks challenge #1 -neutrals plus one colour challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!
Sandra


Supplies - All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Stamp - A New Little Someone (retired), Teeny Tags
Card stock- Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride
Ink - Early Espresso, Crumb cake, Blushing Bride
Other - Big Shot, Lattice embossing folder, Nestabilities (non Stampin' Up!), Vintage Brads, Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, Very Vanilla satin ribbon, snail, dimensionals, jewellery tag punch, tombow glue

9 lovely comments:

Patrice said...

Sandra this is adorable. I wish I could see the dimension you've described, imagine it looks even more fabulous irl.

Nikki Stalker said...

Very cute. Love the colour combination and your bow. Would love to see your bunny up close.. Maybe next time we catch up if you still have it.

Nikki

kelly said...

I love the colours, Sandra.

The bunny is very cute.

Kelly

Karen said...

Amazing card, your bunny is so cute

Paula Dobson said...

Great minds think alike Sandra!! I have just completed a card using this gorgeous Bunny too!! You will have to wait til next week to see it though :-) I love how you have 3D it though - going to have to try that next time. It is the perfect stmp for Decoupage!

Ann Craig said...

This card is adorable. I love that bunny image and the colours and detail in the card are just right for a baby girl. Fantastic idea to stamp twice and add dimension. Thanks for joining in the first jac-inks challenge - we look forward to seeing you play along lots more.

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is super sweet, Sandra. Love the coloring of the bunny, your antique brad, and the CAS design. Thanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Andrea Ewen said...

So sweet! Love all that great distressing! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your paper pieced rabbit is amazing - it really does have great depth. Great job with this week's colors at The Play Date Cafe.