Friday, November 19, 2010

Case Study #15 and Stamping 411 Colour Inspiration #144........

Edited to add- This card was chosen as a CASE Top 3 Pick :)


Today I decided to combine the CASE Study #15 challenge and the Stamping 411 Colour Inspiration #144 challenge.

Here's the card made by the November Muse Heather Pulvirenti-


And the colours for 411-


And my card-



There are so many things I love about Heathers card. The scallops, the pearls and the way the flowers have been cut out and popped up on dimensionals to name a few. I don't have a scallop circle shape big enough for the card so thought I'd use my new Scallop Square Die instead. I also decided to use my new Real Red brads (thanks Secret Sister :) instead of pearls. I love this colour combo from Stamping 411. I think it would be great for Christmas colours as well.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

Sandra

Supplies-
Stamps - Flower Fancy, Sincere Salutations, Petal Pizzazz
Card stock - Baja Breeze, Real Red, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Watercolour paper
Ink - StazOn, Blushing Bride, Real Red, Garden Green
Other - Big Shot, Scallop Square die, Real Red brads, Aqua painter, dimensionals, snail

12 lovely comments:

Aimes said...

What a super sweet card! I love the elements you've taken from Heather's card and put your own spin on them!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jess said...

looks really cute! the water colouring is fab!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous Sandra! Love those soft, muted colors and those wonderful brad middles on the flowers. How creative! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Sue Kohler said...

beautiful Sandra, love the inspiration you have taken from heather's card and made it your own, with splendid colours, especially love the brads in the centre of the flowers!! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

Heather P. said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love, love, love this!

Jenny said...

Love the way that big flower pops out from the card. Beautiful card. I stopped in to say thanks for the cute baby card. Love the bunny

kelly said...

Love both the cards, but especially like the sweet baby card.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.


Kelly

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! Sandra ... you have that square scallop die that I WANT!!!!!! Hope you enjoy playing. This is a FAB way of combining the two sketches. Really nice! Thanks so much for popping by my blog. I will pop back again soon! Hugs xxaxx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW, a totally fabulous take, Sandra! It's cute and whimsical, and full of colour, LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing with us :) :)

Marion said...

Wow...a beautiful card. Love the colours and the simplicity!

lostinpaper said...

Love this card, what a great combination of colours in a fab CAS design! Congrats on your win at CASE, I can see why.

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful, I love those big pink blooms!